There are some advantages of Schottky diode which are given below,
- It has a very rapid response to a change in bias.
- It has a very low cut-in voltage of about 0.3 V.
- Schottky diode has very low switching time.
- Schottky diode has negligible storage time.
- Schottky diode has very low power consumption.
- The Schottky diode is closer to the ideal diode.
There are disadvantage of Schottky diode which are given below,
- Schottky diode is more expensive.
There are some applications of Schottky diode which are given below,
- It is used as a fast switching device in digital computers.
- Schottky diode is used in mixer and detectors.
- It can be used in clamping and clipping circuit.
- It is used in AC to DC (ADC) converters.
- It is used in mixer and detectors.