There are some advantages of crystal oscillator which are given below,
- The crystal oscillator has very low frequency drift due to change in temperature and other parameters.
- The crystal oscillator Q is very high.
- It has Automatic amplitude control.
- It has very high frequency stability.
- The crystal oscillator is possible to obtain very high precise and stable frequency of oscillators.
- It has High frequency of operation.
There are some disadvantages of crystal oscillator which are given below,
- Crystals of low fundamental frequencies are not easily available.
- These are suitable for high frequency application.
There are some important application of crystal oscillator which are given below,
- The crystal oscillators are used in radio and TV transmitters.
- It is used as a crystal clock in microprocessors.
- It is used in the frequency synthesizers.
- It is used in special types of receivers.