There are some important functions of a capacitor in the electronic circuits which are given below,
- The capacitor opposes the flow of current through it.
- The capacitor bypasses the alternating current through it very easily.
- The capacitor opposes any change of voltage in the circuit.
- The Capacitor stores electric energy when they are connected to a battery or some other charging circuit.
- The capacitor removes the ripple from dc power supply.
- The capacitor allows high frequency current through it very easily.
- The capacitor provides leading current in AC circuits and networks.