- This IC is a digital to analog converter which is used to convert 8-bit digital input data to analog signal output and the input is 8-bit data.
- The power consumption of this IC is low and the accuracy of conversion is good.
- The power supply current of this IC is independent of bit codes.
- This device needs two voltage sources +5V and -15V as shown in the above circuit diagram.
- The DAC0808 IC has 8 input pins (A1 to A8) which are connected in MSB to LSB form.
- The DAC0808 IC takes 8-bit parallel data from a microcontroller or microprocessor.
- Then it converts the data into an analog signal at the output and the output data from DAC is a current quantity, and this needs to be converted into voltage parameters for use in application easily.
- The converted the current parameter into the voltage parameter we use the op-amp circuit which is also called a current to voltage converter.
|Pin1||(NC)- No connection|
|Pin3||(VEE)-Negative (-ve) power supply|
|Pin4||(IO)-Input/Output signal pin|
|Pin5||(A1)- MSB (Digital i/p bit-1)|
|Pin6||(A2)-Digital i/p bit-2|
|Pin7||(A3)-Digital i/p bit-3|
|Pin8||(A4)-Digital i/p bit-4|
|Pin9||(A5)-Digital i/p bit-5|
|Pin10||(A6)-Digital i/p bit-6|
|Pin11||(A7)-Digital i/p bit-7|
|Pin12||(A8)-Digital i/p bit-8 (Least Significant Bit)|
|Pin13||(VCC)-Positive (+ve) power supply|
|Pin14||(VREF+)-Positive (+ve) reference voltage|
|Pin15||(VREF-)-Negative (-ve) reference voltage|
|Pin16||(Compensation)-Compensation capacitor pin|
Applications of IC DAC0808
- It is used in the Conversion of Audio, Electrical measurements, Analog circuits as well as digital circuits, And many more hobbyist applications.