- This IC is a set of class AB audio amplifier IC that can be used in so many applications.
- It can be in use for decades and is still being used as an Amplifier in Computer speakers and small Portable Stereos.
Working of IC LM386 Audio Amplifier
- This audio amplifier can construct with LM386 IC, capacitors, resistor, power supply, and speaker.
- The above circuit diagram shows that pin1 and pin8 are used to set the gain of the amplifier.
- In this diagram, there are three functional blocks such as power or output, bypass, and gain control.
- Here we connect the two power supply pins namely pin4 & pin6 to GND as well as voltage correspondingly.
- The input level in this circuit can be controlled by connecting a potentiometer to the input.
- The bypass capacitor is used in pin7 it is an option.
- The amplified audio signal can be obtained from pin 5 which is connected to an 8-ohm speaker through a filtering capacitor.
|GAIN:-It is used to set the gain of the IC by connecting to a Capacitor
|Inverting Input (IN-):- The Inverting Pin of the amplifier is normally grounded
|Non-Inverting Input (IN+):- The Non-Inverting pin is provided with the audio signal
|The ground:-The ground pin is connected to the ground of the system
|Vout:-Provides amplified audio output, connected to the speaker
|Vss / Vcc:- Connected to power
|Bypass pin:- It is used for connecting a decoupling capacitor
Applications of IC LM386 Audio Amplifier
- It is used in AM and FM Radio amplifiers, Portable music players, Low Power Audio amplifiers, Wien bridge oscillators, Power Amplifiers, and Audio boosters.