- This IC has two inbuilt operational amplifiers internally which are compensated with frequency.
- This is using a single power supply for performing their different task.
- It can work perfectly with split power supply sources.
Working of LM393 IC
- It consists of two inbuilt operational amplifiers (op-amp) and both op-amps used a single power.
- The power source connected with the Vcc and GND pins of the LM393 IC to activate the IC.
- Then the two input voltage provide to the op-amp for comparison and then we get the output from the op-amp.
- If the input voltage 1 > input voltage 2 then the output voltage is low (GND).
- If the input voltage 1 < input voltage 2 then the output voltage is high (VCC).
|Pin1||(OUTA): Output A|
|Pin2||(In A-): Inverting input A|
|Pin3||(In A+): Non-inverting input A|
|Pin5||(INB+): Non-inverting input B|
|Pin6||(INB-): Inverting input B|
|Pin7||(OUTB): Output B|
|Pin8||(Vcc): Voltage Supply|
Features of LM393 IC
- Single voltage supply ranges from 2.0 Vdc toward 36 Vdc.
- Split supply range will be from +1.0 Vdc or -1.0 Vdc to +18 Vdc or -18 Vdc.
- Little Supply Voltage of Current Drain Independent is 0.4 mA.
- The input bias current is low that is 25nA.
- Input offset current is low that is 5nA.
- Both the range of differential input, as well as Power Supply Voltage, are equivalent.
- The output voltage is well-suited by ECL, MOS, DTL, TTL, & CMOS Logic Levels.
Applications of LM393 IC
- It is used in Voltage Comparator circuits, Zero-Crossing detectors, Battery-Powered Applications, High Voltage protection/Warning, and Oscillator circuits.
- It Can be used to drive a Relay, Lamp, Motor Etc.