- A panel that is compatible with the FACES kit and has an embedded radio frequency identification chipset is called FACE-RFID.
- It is MFRC522-based, just like RFID units. The MFRC522 communicates with the proximity RF card using the modulation and demodulation method while operating in the 13.56MHz frequency band.
- This device can recognize and record information from many cards, encode and authorize an RF card, and perform the functions of a card reading and writing device. You can have an upgraded level of RFID gadget with a more thorough and contained pattern with a FACES panel.
Pin Configuration of M5 Stack RFID RC522 Panel
Here RC522 is an RFID module, pin configuration of the RFID RC522 panel pinout is given below.
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||VCC||Used to supply power (3.3V) to the module.|
|2||RST||Used to reset or power down the module. Hard power-down would be activated when this pin goes low.|
|3||GND||Ground pin, connected to the GND system of Arduino|
|4||IRAQ||The interrupt pin is used to alter the MCU as soon as the RFID tag shows up in its section.|
|5||MISO/SCL/Tx||It functions as SCL for the I2C interface and Tx for the UART interface in SPI communication.|
|6||MOSI||The Master Out Slave In pin is set to input for SPI communication|
|7||SCK||It provides a clock source for the SPI bus Master (e.g. Arduino).|
|8||SS/SDA/Rx||It functions as SS (Serial input) during SPI communication, SDA for IIC, and Rx in UART.|
Features and Specification of M5 Stack RFID RC522 Panel
- FACES bottom friendly.
- UART2 Serial Interface (16/17).
- 13.56 MHz is the operating frequency.
- Fast mode up to 400 Kbit/s; High-speed mode up to 3400 Kbit/s is the I2C data rate.
- Transceiver RC522 64-byte buffer.
- Supported protocols include NTAG, MIFARE, and ISO14443A.
- -20 to 85 degrees Celsius for operation.
- How long will data be kept after 10 years?
- Approximately 8 cm for both reading and writing.
- Program Platform: UIFlow and Arduino (Blockly, Python).