- It is a tiny reflectance sensor that consists of an infrared (IR) LED that transmits IR light onto a surface and a phototransistor measures how much light is reflected.
- The output is in analog voltage -The more IR light is sensed by the phototransistor, the lower the voltage.
- Typically this sensor is used in line following robots as the white surfaces reflect more IR than black surfaces.
- However, it is not limited to line followers, there is much more application that can utilize the Maker Reflect.
- Sensing distance may reduce if VCC is less than 5V or the line-background contrast is low.
- E.g.:-Edge/Border sensor in Sumo robot, wall sensor in maze solving robot, short distance object detector (presence sensor), sensor for rotary wheel encoder etc.
|IR Reflectance Sensors||Infrared Sensors for line detection|
|Connector||VCC: Power input for the maker reflect.
OUT: Analog Output. Higher Voltage : darker surface.
Features of Maker Reflect
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V and 5V Compatible.
- Sensing Distance (Height): 1mm to 40mm (Vcc = 5V, Black line on white surface).
- Output: Analog Voltage (White surface = lower voltage).
Dimension of Maker Reflect
Applications of Maker Reflect
- It is used in Line Following Robot, Sumo Robot, Wall Following Robot, Short Distance Object Sensing, and Sensor for Printed Rotary Wheel Encoder.