- The transistor series voltage regulator has series loss element to maintain the output DC voltage constant.
- It has output voltage remains constant in spite of change in temperature.
- The output impedance is very low.
- The transistor series voltage regulator has low ripple content in the output DC voltage.
- It has series loss element to maintain the output DC voltage constant.
- It has better voltage regulation than that of shunt regulator.
- It has good efficiency even for small currents loads.
- It has not so good voltage regulation for large loads currents.
- The series pass transistor should be power transistor and it has to be mounted on a suitable heat sink. This makes the series regulator circuit bulky and heavy.
- The output voltage cannot be changed easily as no such means is provided. Therefore the DC output voltage is not adjustable.