- IN5408 is a power diode that allows current to flow in one direction only (from the anode terminal to the cathode terminal).
- It carries low resistance in one direction and very high resistance in another direction.
- There are two terminals anode and cathode that are attached to the p-n junction.
- Small size and high current
- High surge current capability
- Low forward pressure drop
- Plastic meets UL 94V-0 flammability
It is an ideal diode if you are looking for a little bit more ampere handling capabilities.
- There are 2 pins
Applications of 1N5408 Power Diode
- Half Wave and Full Wave rectifiers
- Protection device
- Current flow regulators
- Used in HV supplies