- The IC 4049 consists of six NOT gates inside it and has a high input supply voltage with a maximum current rating of 1mA at 18v.
- 4049 IC is capable to drive two TTL loads.
- We can drive two TTL loads with it. The operating temperature of the IC is -40 to +85 °C. The IC is having high current sink as the input voltage increase the output current sink value will increase, at 15v the current sink value is 26mA.
|1||VDD||Positive supply for IC|
|2||G||Inverting output 1 for input 1|
|4||H||Inverting output 2 for input 2|
|6||IN||Inverting output 3 for input 3|
|8||VSS||Negative supply for IC|
|10||J||Inverting output 4 for input 4|
|12||K||Inverting output 5 for input 5|
|15||L||Inverting output 6 for input 6|
- CD4049 contains six inverter gates in one package as shown in the diagram.
- In this
- Pin1 is for supply voltage.
- pin3 is input.
- pin2 is for output.
- Pin 5 is the input.
- pin 4 is the output.
- for the second gate similarly, we have four more gates.
- pin 8 is connected to ground.
- Pin 13 and 16 are unused.
Applications of 4049 IC
- Voltage multiplier circuit
- High to low logic converter
- CMOS hex buffer
- Source driver
- CMOS to TTL/DTL Hex converter