There are some advantages of polyphase rectifiers which are given below,
- The polyphase rectifier provides highest transformer utilization factor (TUF).
- The polyphase rectifiers has a large amount of power, usually greater than 2 kW.
- Its efficiency is greater than as compared to single phase rectifier.
- The ripple factor is reduced in case of polyphase rectifier.
- It facilitates higher peak inverse voltage (PIV).
There are some applications of polyphase rectifiers which are given below,
- The polyphase rectifier is used in electric traction.
- The polyphase rectifier is used in radio transmitters.
- It is used in electro chemical processing such as production of AI and mg.
- It is used in telephone exchange.
- It is used in electronic heaters.