There are some advantages of air core inductors which are given below.
- The air core inductor is cheap.
- The air core inductor is simple in construction.
- It has no core losses at high frequencies.
- The air core inductor does not depend upon the value of current it carries and also eliminates the iron losses from magnetic core.
There are some disadvantages of air core inductors which are given below.
- The number of turns in a coil necessary to achieve the same inductance that would occur in a solid-core inductor.
- The inductors of high inductance value are not possible.
- It is in large size.
- Its Q factor is low.