There are some advantages of capacitive transducer which are given below,
- It requires small power to operate.
- The loading effect is less due to high input impedance.
- The sensitivity of capacitive transducer is high.
- The capacitive transducer is useful for small system.
- It has good frequency response.
There are some disadvantages of capacitive transducer which are given below,
- The output impedance depends upon the frequency used.
- The capacitance may get changed by dust particle and moisture which produce error.
- The capacitive transducers are temperature sensitive.
- It gives non linear behavior.
There are some important applications of capacitive transducer which are given below,
- It is used for measurement of linear and angular displacement.
- The capacitive transducers are used to measure humidity in gases.
- It is used to measure volume, liquid level, density etc.