There are some advantages of BJT (bipolar junction transistor) which are given below,
- The BJT has a large gain bandwidth.
- It shows better performance at high frequency.
- It has a better voltage gain.
- It can be operated in low or high power applications.
- It has high current density.
- There is a low forward voltage drop.
There are some disadvantages of BJT (bipolar junction transistor) which are given below,
- The BJT is more an effect of radiation.
- It has a very complex base control. So it may lead to confusion and requires a skilful handling.
- The switching frequency of a BJT is low.
- It more noise produced.
- It has a low thermal stability.