There are some advantages of integrated circuit (IC) which are given below,
- The integrated circuit (IC) can be easily replace but it can hardly repair, in case of failure.
- It has increased the operating speed due to an absence of parasitic and capacitance effect.
- The reduction in power consumption is achieved due to extremely small size of IC.
- The weight of an IC is very small as compared to entire discrete circuits.
- The IC is more reliable.
- The entire physical size of IC is extremely small than that of discrete circuit.
- It has low power consumption due to their smaller size.
- The temperature differences between components of a circuit are small.
- It has suitable for small signal operation.
There are some disadvantages of integrated circuit (IC) which are given below,
- The integrated circuit (IC) can be handle only limited amount of power.
- The high grade P-N-P assembly is not possible.
- It is difficult to be achieved low temperature coefficient.
- The coils or indicators cannot be fabricated.
- Low noise and high voltage operation are not easily obtained.
- Inductors and transformers are needed connecting to exterior to the semiconductor chip, as it is not possible to fabricate inductor and transformers on the semiconductor chip surface.
- The power dissipation is limited to 10 watts
- The inductors cannot be fabricated directly.