There are some advantages of JFET which are given below,
- The JFET has high input impedance.
- The JFET can be fabricated in small size area.
- It is a majority charge carrier device, hence it has less noise.
- It is a low power consumption device.
- It can be fabricated in small size area.
- It occupies less space in circuits due to its smaller size.
- It has a negative temperature coefficient of resistance, so they possess higher Temperature Stability.
There are some disadvantages of JFET which are given below,
- The main disadvantage of the JFET is the relatively low gain bandwidth product.
- The performance of JFET goes downs as frequency increases due to feedback by internal capacitance.