- The tunnel diode is used as a microwave oscillator at a frequency of about 10 GHz.
- It is used as logic memory storage device.
- The tunnel diode is used in relaxation oscillator circuits, due to its feature of –ive resistance.
- The tunnel diode is widely used in satellite communication equipments
- It is used as an ultra high speed switch due to tunneling. It has switching time is nanosecond or picoseconds.
- The tunnel diode is used as an amplifier.
- It can be used in modern military equipments.
- It is used in nuclear magnetic resource machine.