- This IC is used in the motor driver module to control the speed of the DC motor.
- A controller like Arduino provided the input to the motor driver module.
- Hence this logic is used to control the direction of the motor which is connected with the motor driver IC.
|IN1 & IN2||Motor A input pins. Used to control the spinning direction of Motor A|
|IN3 & IN4||Motor B input pins. Used to control the spinning direction of Motor B|
|ENA||Enables PWM signal for Motor A|
|ENB||Enables PWM signal for Motor B|
|OUT1 & OUT2||Output pins of Motor A|
|OUT3 & OUT4||Output pins of Motor B|
|12V||12V input from DC power Source|
|5V||Supplies power for the switching logic circuitry inside L298N IC|
Working of L298N Motor Driver IC
- If Q1 is high and Q2 is low then it is forward current.
- If Q1 is low and Q2 is high then it is a reverse current.
- When both the pushbuttons are equal like Q1=Q2 then it is a quick motor stop.
- The Q1 push button is pressed then the current start flowing from o/p1 to o/p2 means the motor rotated in a clockwise direction.
- Likewise, the Q2 push button is pressed then the current start flowing from o/p2 to o/p1 means the motor rotates in the anti-clockwise direction.
- When both buttons are pressed simultaneously or released then the motor will be stopped.
- So, the motor speed can be controlled through an L298 motor driver IC.
Applications of L298N Motor Driver IC
- This IC is used in different fields like robotics, embedded, etc.
- It is applicable where H- BRIDGE is used.
- This is used in high-power-based applications.
- Motor driver IC is used where current control & PWM operable IC is required.
- It is used where the control unit provides only TTL outputs.