LED maker Lumileds of San Jose, CA, USA has announced Advanced Technologies, key components of its Matrix Platform, which streamline the development of integrated, fully assembled LED light engines. Combined with the firm’s LUXEON LEDs, Matrix Platform Advanced Technologies pave the way for design and manufacturing developments:
- Oberon Intelligent Assembly is claimed to be the industry’s only pick-and-place system that eliminates bins, instead selecting LEDs based on specific test data such as flux or Vf;
- Integrated Light Guides are ultra-thin and enable an enhanced light control;
- Integrated Drivers, designed to seamlessly incorporate all the necessary electronic components in a way that dramatically simplifies fixture design and reduces space requirements;
- Dimming Electronics involve patented circuitry technology to achieve the coveted dim to warm effect;
- Connectivity and Controls allows lighting manufacturers to design luminaires that can be controlled remotely, via apps or other devices.
Lumileds is working with Matrix Platform customers to meet their requirements. Lighting solutions can be developed by configuring LUXEON LEDs with exclusive Advanced Technologies on rigid or flexible substrates. “Customers find that, not only does the Matrix Platform approach enable award- and market-winning solutions, it also shaves weeks if not months off the traditional assembly approach and ensures a product reliability that only Lumileds can guarantee,” claims Matrix Platform product manager Viral Hazari. Matrix Platform hence offers lighting manufacturers faster time to market, greater supply chain efficiency and reduced inventory, the firm adds.
In addition to custom tailored solutions, the Matrix Platform family includes readily available products on both rigid and flexible substrates.