Booth to feature the latest technologies and two new solutions for industrial and automotive markets
PHOENIX – March 01, 2023 – onsemi (Nasdaq: ON), a leader in intelligent power and sensing technologies, will again have a significant presence at Embedded World 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany. The show runs from March 14-16th and onsemi can be found in Hall 4A, booth 260.
The theme of the Embedded World show this year will be embedded, responsible and sustainable – attributes that fit well with onsemi. Four key application sectors will be addressed within the five demo areas:
- Automotive (Vehicle Electrification, Body Electronics, ADAS)
- Energy Infrastructure (Battery Chargers, Power Supplies, EV Charging, Energy Storage)
- Industrial Automation (Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR), Machine Vision, Industrial Drives / Pumps)
- Smart Buildings & Cities (Security and Surveillance)
Alongside these application areas, onsemi will highlight our EliteSiC silicon carbide (SiC) technology and vertically integrated supply chain. The EliteSiC family offers superior performance and exacting standards to bring significant advances in many application sectors, and this will be a key focus this year.
Two new products that are being announced at the show will be on display at onsemi’s booth:
- 8 Megapixel (MP) image sensor with advanced eHDR processing: Designed to provide high-quality imaging in challenging lighting conditions, the innovative 4K/ 8 MP sensor features embedded High Dynamic Range (eHDR) technology. Using this technique, images with a dynamic range as high as 120 dB can be produced.
- Industry’s lowest power automotive-grade Bluetooth® LE MCU:. Extending onsemi’s low power Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth LE) capabilities into the automotive market, the AEC-Q100 qualified device is ideal for tire monitoring and vehicle access applications. The solution features the latest in embedded security and helps vehicle manufacturers looking to implement wireless connectivity to reduce the cost and weight of cabling associated with vehicle sensing and communications.
Visitors to the booth will be able to see a number of interactive demos that showcase key features and benefits of onsemi’s innovative technology. Highlights will include:
- Multi-station 10BASE-T1S Gaming: Four stations allow a network game to be played over a 10BASE-T1S multi-drop segment, with an addition station being able to monitor network traffic. Cabling will be double the requirements of the standard (50m vs. 25m) to demonstrate the capabilities of onsemi’s NCN26010 10BASE-T1S transceiver.
- RSL15 Asset Tracking and Location: We will show how the RSL15 Bluetooth® Low Energy secure wireless microcontroller uses Angle-of-Arrival (AoA) technology for asset tracking and location in a simulated environment, with asset tags and an active locator.
- Smart Machine Vision: Three separate demonstrations will focus on the capabilities of onsemi’s advanced images sensors in an industrial context. One will show how a full-resolution image requires too much bandwidth but, with Smart ROI (region-of-interest) technology, the camera can automatically zoom into the most useful region of a scene. A second demo will show the capabilities of these devices to wake only when they detect motion, thereby conserving power.
- Indirect Time-of-Flight (iTOF): A demo showing how image sensors can be used to create valuable depth maps over two distances – 2 m and 6 m.
- Firmware-over-the-air (FOTA): This demo will illustrate wirelessly updating of embedded firmware on an RSL15-based device, showing visitors how operation can be changed remotely. The demo will highlight the simplicity of the tools and updating process.
- EV Charging: Charging EVs rapidly and efficiently is key to the future of the automotive industry. On show on will be a new 25 kW EV charger board.
- Industrial Drives and Pumps: onsemi will also show how their motor drive technology is used by showcasing an application example from a key medical customer.
- Autonomous Mobile Robots: Perhaps the most eye-catching demo, the AMR is fully-functional and features an interactive cobot arm.
Visit the onsemi booth (Hall 4A, booth 260) to see all of innovations, and meet with our technical experts.