- An Optocoupler is an electronic component that interconnects two separate electrical circuits utilizing a light-sensitive optical interface.
- The transformer provides Isolation between the primary input voltage and secondary output voltage.
- we can provide electrical isolation between an input source and an output load by using an Optocoupler.
- The 4N25 family is an industry-standard single channel phototransistor coupler.
- This family includes the 4N25, 4N26, 4N27, and 4N28.
- Each optocoupler consists of gallium, arsenide, infrared LED, and a silicon NPN phototransistor.
Features of 4N28 Optocoupler
- Isolation test voltage 5000 VRMS
- Interfaces with common logic families
- Input-output coupling capacitance < 0.5 pF
- Industry standard dual-in-line 6-pin packaging
- No Connection
Applications of 4N28 Optocoupler
- Circuit Isolation
- DC motor speed control
- PWM applications
- AC mains detection
- Reed relay driving
- Switch-mode power supply feedback
- Telephone ring detection
- Logic ground isolation