- It is a Micro Electro-mechanical system (MEMS), which consists of a three-axis accelerometer and three-axis gyroscope.
- MPU6050 support measuring velocity, orientation, acceleration, and displacement.
- It consists of a 16-bit analog to digital converter hardware, so it can captures three-dimension motion at the same time.
- Magnetometers and microcontroller sensors are easily interfaced with MPU6050.
- It is a digital device that is used for tracking a 6-axis motion device.
- Pin-1- CLKIN- is the optional external reference clock input. This pin is connected to the ground when not in use.
- Pin-2, Pin-3, Pin-4, and Pin-5 are NC pins. These Pins are not connected internally.
- Pin-6, AUX_DA, is the I2C master serial data pin. This pin is used for connecting external sensors.
- Pin-7, AUX_CL, is the I2C master serial clock. This pin is used for connecting external sensors.
- Pin-8, VLOGIC, is the digital I/O supply voltage pin.
- Pin-9, AD0, is the I2C slave address LSB pin.
- Pin-10, RAGOUT, is the regulator filter capacitor connection.
- Pin-11, FSYNC, is the frame synchronization digital input. This pin is connected to the ground when not used.
- Pin-12, INT, is the interrupt digital output pin.
- Pin-13, VDD, is the power supply voltage pin.
- Pin-14, Pin-15, Pin-16, Pin-17 are NC pin. These pins are not connected internally.
- Pin-18, GND, is the power supply ground.
- Pin-19 and Pin-21 are the RESV pins. These pins are reserved.
- Pin-20, CPOUT, is the charge pump capacitor connection.
- Pin-22, is RESV, the reserved pin.
- Pin-23, SCL, is the I2C serial clock.
- Pin-24, SDA, is the I2C serial data pin.
Applications of MPU6050
- The MPU6050 has been used in Blur free technology for video or still image stabilization.
- It is used for security and authentication, navigation purposes.
- This module is used in motion command technology for gesture shortcuts.
- This is used in gesture recognition.
- This module is small in size so, this is used in handsets and portable gaming equipment.
- It is used in the 3D remote controller and 3D mice.
- This module is used in gaming, gesture command control, panoramic photo capture, and viewing.