LEDs offer a huge variety of benefits, so we can also say that the benefits of LED Lights are endless. LED Lights are cost effective, energy efficient.
Some benefits of LED Lighting are as below:-
- Efficiency:- LEDs are high-efficiency light sources and consume up to 80% less power than incandescent lights.
- Ecofriendly:- The main feature of LED Light is that it produces lighting in eco-friendly form. They do not contain mercury or any other harmful gases or UV rays.
- No Heat:- LEDs do not produce heat in the form of infrared radiation. It makes LEDs easy to touch even after they are ON for hours. It reduces the risk of accidental fire or burn.
- Long Life Span:- Long life of light is the main feature. Incandescent lights may have life span of 1000 Hours and LED light have life>50,000 hrs. Long life span of LED will reduce maintenance cost compared to incandescent and fluorescent tubes.
- High Durability:- Incandescent and fluorescent tubes are made of hollow glass,this make these light less durable. LED Lights are shock resistant & vibration proof. This makes these more durable. LEDs are solid state lighting device instead of filament or neon gas.
- Choice of Colors:- Fluorescent lights have limitations in colors. These may have colors likes warm colors, cold colors and white light. On the other hand LEDs provide a range of different colors for different purpose and occasions. This makes LEDs so adaptable.
- Low-Voltage:- Low-Voltage power supply is sufficient for good brightness. We can also provide solar energy to LED lights for outdoor lighting, Which is very good advantage by using new technologies like remote and sensors.
- Design Flexibility:- In the present time LED lights are provided in different shape, sizes and designs. These can be modified for different projects and needs. Well-designed LED illumination systems can provide us fabulous lighting effects, It can also effect our mood and mind.
- Instant ON/OFF:- When Sodium vaopur lights are turned ON, there is a delay of 5-10 mins for the light to reach at full brightness. With LED’s this delay is negligible.
- CRI:- CRI or Color Rendering Index measures the degree that perceived colors of objects, illuminated by a given light source conform to the colors of same objects when they are lighted by a reference standard light source. The higher the color rendering index, the less color shift or distortion occurs. LED’s offer good CRI value than Sodium Vapour.