- It can produce jobs with the highest accuracy and precision than any other manual machine.
- It can be run for 24 hours a day. It has higher flexibility and consistent quality.
- The parts produced by it have the same accuracy. There is no variation in the parts manufactured by a CNC machine. They increased productivity and operation safety.
- A highly skilled operator is not required to operate a CNC machine. A semi-skilled operator can also operate accurately and more precisely.
- Operators can easily make changes and improvements and reduce the delay time.
- It can produce complex designs with high accuracy in the minimum possible time. They reduced scrap rate, nonproductive time, nonpower, load time. Performed reliable operations
- The modern design software, allows the designer to simulate the manufacturer of his/her idea. And this removes the need of making a prototype or model and saves time and money.
- Fewer workers are required to operate a CNC machine and saves labor costs.
- Despite having so many advantages, a CNC machine has some disadvantages too and there are:
- The cost of the CNC machine is very high as compared with manually operated machines.
- The parts of the CNC machine are expensive.
- The maintenance cost in the case of CNC is quite high
- It does not eliminate the need for costly tools.
- They have costly setup and skilled operation.
- Required computers and programming knowledge.
- Their maintenance is difficult.
- Machines have to be installed in air-conditional places.