There are some important applications of thermistor which are given below.
- The thermistor is used for temperature compensation.
- It is used for voltage regulation.
- It is used for circuit protection.
- It is used for measurement of power at high frequency.
- It is used in volume control.
- It is used for measuring thermal conductivity.
- Used in time delay.
- It is used as heater in automotive industry to provide additional heat inside cabin with diesel engine or to heat diesel in cold climatic conditions before engine injection.
- The thermistor is used for measurement of composition of gases.
- Thermistors are also commonly used in modern digital thermostats and to monitor the temperature of battery packs while charging.