- The magnetic sensor detects the magnitude of magnetism and geomagnetism generated by a magnet or current and generates a certain output.
- These high-speed, extended-life sensors are directly compatible with other electronic circuits, responding to the presence or the interruption of a magnetic field by producing a proportional output.
Different Types of Magnetic Sensor
- These are the simplest magnetic sensors that can detect the changes in a magnetic field.
- It consists of two flattened ferromagnetic reeds sealed inside a glass tube, filled with an inert gas.
The reeds will come into contact under the influence of a magnetic field. The spring force of the reeds causes them to separate, and open the circuit when the magnetic field is absent.
- A Hall element is a device that uses the Hall effect-When applying a magnetic field perpendicular to the current carrying conductor, the electromotive force appears in the direction orthogonal to both the current and the magnetic field.
Applications of Magnetic Sensor