- Leading with IoT-as-a-Service via the Qualcomm IoT Services Suite, Qualcomm Technologies Delivers End-to-End Solutions Across Education, Logistics, Construction Management and Healthcare –
- Qualcomm Technologies Unveils IoTaaS Proof Point with IoT & AI-enabled Smart Campus in San Diego
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. today announced the Qualcomm® IoT Services Suite, which delivers comprehensive, end-to-end, IoT as a Service (IoTaaS) solutions to enable the digital transformation of smart cities and smart connected spaces globally. The Qualcomm IoT Services Suite also demonstrates the continued momentum of the Qualcomm® Smart Cities Accelerator Program, which has brought together ~300 members since its launch in April 2019 and showcased a tangible example of what can be achieved with the launch of the Qualcomm® Smart Campus in San Diego.
Adopting smart connected spaces often requires sourcing, developing and integrating a variety of fragmented technologies. In response, the Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program offers streamlined, comprehensive solutions that address the complexities and challenges around developing secure, smart, connected spaces across industries worldwide. Qualcomm Technologies’ newly announced Qualcomm IoT Services Suite is engineered to deliver a comprehensive, end-to-end solution for plug-and-play deployment, from silicon to modules to devices to software and platform integration. When companies and municipalities utilize the Qualcomm IoT Services Suite and other solutions offered by members of the Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program, they can bypass common fragmentation – making it easier, quicker and more cost-effective to manage and deploy smart connected spaces.
“The Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program was designed for plug-and-play deployment of connected devices to enable the proliferation of smart cities and smart connected spaces,” said Sanjeet Pandit, senior director, business development and global head of Smart Cities, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “To directly address the fragmented nature of the IoT industry, our Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program and Qualcomm IoT Services Suite bridge the gap for IoT service providers and entities looking to quickly deploy smart solutions. We’re confident that our unique ecosystem of innovative program members will continue incorporating emerging IoT partners to accelerate the transformation of city infrastructure and services to help enrich people’s lives.”
Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program ecosystem member Infinite Computer Solutions provides support for the Qualcomm IoT Services Suite platform layer with its Zyter® SmartSpacesTM Platform. This platform seamlessly integrates Qualcomm Technologies’ chipset-enabled subsystems to support middleware, data operations, cloud services, enhanced security, user experience, analytics, collective intelligence and artificial intelligence (AI). Commercial device enablement is then achieved through pre-integration and pre-certification on the platform.
With the comprehensive Qualcomm IoT Services Suite, Qualcomm Technologies enables ecosystem members to create and deploy smart applications as a service across verticals, including:
- Smart Cities and Spaces as-a-Service delivers solutions for smart lighting, signage, parking and more – all easily deployed with the Zyter SmartSpaces platform – for the accelerated development of smart cities and smart spaces.
- Education as-a-Service allows school districts across the United States direct access to ecosystem members, OneScreen and HoverCam, to enable smart classrooms and hybrid learning settings.
- Construction Management as-a-Service prioritizes construction safety and digital management of construction sites, focusing on worker safety with ecosystem member Everguard.
- Logistics as-a-Service enables digital, end-to-end logistical chain management from teams to inventory with Cloudleaf, Inc. and Tag-N-Trac Inc.
- Healthcare as-a-Service provides direct access to ecosystem members Zyter, LucidAct Health, VeeMed, and Ceiba for remote patient monitoring and Tele ICU capabilities.
“We’re thrilled to collaborate with Qualcomm Technologies to deliver end-to-end solutions, enabling digital transformation across multiple verticals and industries through the Qualcomm IoT Services Suite,” said Sanjay Govil, chairman and founder, Infinite and Zyter. “Bringing together Qualcomm Technologies’ impressive Smart Cities ecosystem, with our unique Zyter SmartSpaces Platform enables us to deliver versatile and effective end-to-end solutions with faster time to market, meeting the needs of communities, businesses and municipalities globally.”
To exemplify IoTaaS and bring to life a tangible proof point of the Qualcomm IoT Services Suite, today Qualcomm Technologies also launched the Qualcomm Smart Campus in San Diego, which exhibits a real-life use case of commercially available, end-to-end solutions. Replicating a city environment in a campus the Qualcomm Smart Campus includes a 5G network, and a variety of intelligent capabilities, including smart parking, lighting, transportation, logistics, trash cans, and edge-AI cameras for security. The Qualcomm Smart Campus is equipped with intuitive and user applications and corresponding command and control center that serves as the “nerve center” of the campus, providing complete operational visibility across entire networks of connected sensors and IoT devices in real-time – viewable from a comprehensive dashboard. These solutions can be reimagined and replicated across multiple industries to address challenges and needs for particular spaces and communities.
For more information, and to learn more about the Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerator Program, visit: qualcomm.com/support/qan/smart-city-accelerator-program.