- TCRT5000 is an IR sensor. It is used to detect color and distance. This IR sensor is often used in line-following robots, auto data logging on utility meters, etc. This sensor can sense if a surface is white or black.
- The measuring distance range from 1mm to 8mm, and the central point is about 2.5mm. There is also an onboard potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity. The infrared diode will emit the infrared continuously when the module connects to the power, when the emitted infrared light has not been reflected or the strength is not big enough, the module will be in the off state, at this time, D0 output logic HIGH and the signal indicate LED off.
Pinout of TCRT5000 IR Sensor
- Anode: This is a positive pin of the infrared transmitter IR transmitter (Photo Diode).
- Cathode : This is a negative pin of the infrared transmitter IR transmitter (Photo Diode).
- Collector: This is the collector terminal of the IR receiver (Photo Transistor).
- Emitter: This is the emitter terminal of the IR receiver (Photo Transistor).
How to use the TCRT5000 IR Sensor
- The construction of the TCRT5000 IR Sensor includes an infrared emitter and phototransistor in a package that blocks visible light. The package includes two mounting clips. In this sensor, the emitting-light source and the detector are arranged in the same direction to sense the presence of an object, by using the reflective IR beam from the object. The sensor also consists of a phototransistor.
- In TCRT5000 IR Sensor, the infrared diode emits the infrared continuously when the module is connected to the power but when the emitted infrared light has not been reflected or the strength is not big enough, the diode will be in the off state. At this time, the output logic is LOW and the signal indicates LED off.
- Designed with a reflected infrared sensor, and indicator light.
- Built in a potentiometer for sensitivity control.
- On-board LM393 voltage comparator chip and infrared sensing probe TCRT5000L.
- Support 5 V / 3.5 V voltage input.
- On-board signal output instructions, the output is a high effective signal at the same time, the
indicator lamp light output signal can be directly and single-chip microcomputer IO connection & Middot.
- Signal detection sensitivity can adjust.
- Reserve all the way more circuits (P3 voltage drawn).
- using TCRT5000 infrared reflection sensor.
- test reflection distance: 1 mm to 25 mm. & lt.
- Operation voltage: 3.5v-5V.
- Operation current: >15mA
- wide voltage LM393 comparator.
- output form: digital switch output (0 and 1).
- a fixed bolt hole, convenient installation.
Features of TCRT5000 IR Sensor
- It is available in a leaded package.
- The type of detector used is photo-transistor.
- The Peak operating distance is 2.5 mm.
- Collector current ranges from 0.2 mm – 15 mm.
- The typical o/p current blow test (IC) is 1 mA.
- Blocking filter for daylight.
- The wavelength of the emitter is 950 nm.
- Infrared sensor including the o/p of transistor.
- The operating voltage is 5V.
- The forward current of the diode is 60mA.
- Output data is analog/digital.
- The Collector current of the transistor is 100mA.
- Operating temperature ranges from -25°C to +85°C.
Applications of TCRT5000 IR Sensor
- Commonly used in proximity detection applications.
- Line follower or maze solver robots.
- Distinguish between reflective and non-reflective surface.
- Obstacle detection and avoidance.