- The throttle Position Sensor controls the amount of flow of fuel given to the engine and how it controls depends on the amount of pressure given.
let’s look at a few prerequisites,
- It is a device controlling the flow of fuel to power an engine.
- It is the part of the air intake system which controls the amount of air that gets inside the engine.
- when we press the pedal gave the throttle body opens and more airflow into the manifold i.e, more fuel goes into the engine.
- This sensor gives the output signal based on the changing position/movement of an object, the output signal is then further processed.
Throttle Position Sensor(TPS)
- It is a sensor used to monitor the air intake of an engine and is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle.
- TPS is a variable resistor and switch. The main function is to detect if the engine is in idle condition or
Principle of Throttle Position Sensor
- When the throttle is pressed, the engine no more remains idle and the idle signal line is disconnected, a sliding varistor also follows the rotation, and the computer detects the voltage value, the data obtained, by comparison, analysis, and control of basic Injective amount.
- as we know TPS works with an engine in Idle condition or Load condition, when the throttle does not have a load connected, the idle contact is opened, and the output is related to the voltage signal of different corners of the throttle, according to the signal.
- The change in increase in the signal voltage in a certain period is an acceleration operating condition or a deceleration.