- This IC is a 3-terminal adjustable shunt regulator with ensured temperature stability over the entire temperature range of operation.
- LM431 IC is available in the package chip-sized with the technology of national’s micro SMD.
- The range of output voltage of this IC is 2.5V to 36V only by choosing two exterior resistors that perform like a voltage-separated network.
Pin Configuration of LM431 IC
This IC includes three pins which are cathode, reference, and anode.
|Pin1 (Cathode):||This is shunt current or o/p voltage|
|Pin2 (Reference):||This pin is for adjustable o/p voltage|
|Pin3 (Anode):||This pin is normally grounded|
Application of LM431 IC
- LM431 IC can be used for designing a circuit with a constant current source.
- By connecting extra transistors as well as resistors to this IC, it can be used to design a high-power regulator.
- By connecting extra resistors to this IC, it can be used to design a low-power shunt regulator.
- This IC can be used to replace the Zener diode.
- This IC can be used as the voltage regulator.
- It is used in monitoring the voltage.
- LM431 is used in sink circuits as well as current sources.
- LM431 can be used for switching power supplies, and current linear or adjustable voltage.